Book Title
Genre: Christian Romance Published: 16 June 2026
Series: Heirs of Peverell, Book 1 Pages: 318
Format: E-book Source: Own
In complete transparency the only book of the original series (Daughters of Peverell) which I have read is Heart of a Royal. I have not read the other two in that trilogy yet. However, I loved the first one so I knew this would be good. Ya'll it was definitely amazing. I absolutely adore this friend group and will be now praying for such an amazing friend group. However, I digress, back on track with the book. Following Bayley and Prince Cameron was such a heartfelt and fun ride. We get both perspectives which always adds to a story for me, because I am able to see what is going on for both characters.
Both characters grow so much and learn to trust in God's plan. It is one of the things Hannah does so well is the faith in her books. I think the part I resonated with the most for Bayley was holding onto the lies that someone told her about herself and internalizing them. The old adage that words can never hurt is such a lie because words slice and can take so long to heal.
Side note: I totally want a maze to wander through, then again, the castle would be nice too. Okay how about we just transport me to the castle so I can visit with everyone, sleepovers in the ballroom, hanging out in the maze, gardens and observatory. All of those sound like a blast. Just saying. As I'm reading I do I feel as though I'm there, which is the beauty of these books. Bring on book 2, I have a feeling I know who it's about, I am ready!!
To find out more about the book head here: White Crown: The Princess List
Absolutely a 5-star read, no question about it.
Quote Time:
“What if it’s impossible?” I asked. “What if there’s an undeniable reason we can’t marry?” If I thought my questions would stump the man, I’d have been wrong. He merely shrugged. “Then I suppose I’d be asking the God of the Impossible whether it’s really impossible, or I’m just scared to try or looking for excuses. Because, as far as I’ve seen, nothing is impossible for the One who rides the storms and carries untold wonder in His hands.”
Yes, to this. How often must we walk backwards, heal and then we can move forward.
Maybe bravery required taking a step backward, maybe even a few steps, so I could walk forward.
This one really hit where I am and how I have felt. Remembering that growing closer to God and who He created me to be is the path I should be on, other people don't get to dictate who I am or who I should be.
“I suppose it’s all about who you’re following,” she said at length. “Are you changing to fit the person you think you should be or other people say you should be, or are you changing because that’s part of life? Because you’re growing into the person God created you to be? Follow God, and He’ll take you in the direction you need to go.
Meet Hannah (from her about me page):
Australian author, Hannah Currie, loves God, family, people
(in small numbers, let’s not go crazy here!) and writing. A book nerd from
birth, she knows firsthand the difference a good book can make in a person’s
life. Even, and especially, fiction. Her dream as a writer is to make people
laugh, cry and maybe even swoon a little but mostly to remind them that no
matter how dark life may get at times, because of God, there is always
hope.
She and her husband live with their three adorable kids in
sunny Queensland, where it really is beautiful one day and perfect the next.
Except, maybe, during heatwaves. They’re not so fun.
And now you have the official, somewhat serious bio, here
are some other random facts about me.
- I hate
coffee. Not sure if that disqualifies me from being a ‘real’ author or not
but it’s true. Hot chocolates and chai lattes, on the other hand, are
amazingly good. Tea is still being debated.
- I’m
one of ten kids and absolutely love it. Yes, we all have the same parents.
Yes, I know all their names. Yes, we had a tv. No, we weren’t
homeschooled.
- I
don’t like cliffhangers. Mainly because I have super vivid dreams and tend
to dream up endings if it’s not finished, which, depending on the book,
aren’t always fun to ‘live’. So – especially with fantasy, sci-fi and
dystopian, who are prone to cliffhangers – I will often wait until the
whole series is published before starting it.
- I love
baking but hate cooking dinners. I think it’s something to do with the
fact that, regardless of whether I feel like it or not, people still have
to eat. Every single day. No pressure or anything.
- My
debut novel, Heart of a Royal, came about because of a series
of books I wasn’t quite ready to end, the sister I shared them with and a
dream I had one night.
I want to thank you for taking the time to read my words and I hope you enjoy reading, and hearing about books as much as I do.
I pray you have a blessed day!
Sincerely,
Melanie
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment