Recipe for a Princess - Hannah Currie

 


Book Title

Genre: Christian Romance              Published: 18 August 2026
Series: Heirs of Peverell, Book 2     Pages: 359
Format: E-book                                Source: ARC

This book was so good! I enjoyed it just as much as the first. I have determined that if you perfectly mesh Bayley and Izzy you get me. How words affected Bayley so deeply and how Izzy's mind is constantly going in about a million different directions sums up my brain and how it functions. 

I must say the scene when Izzy is on the podium and she is about to say something I know she will regret was rough. I had to step away from the book for a bit because my emotions couldn't take it. Yet themes of redemption and power of forgiveness are so big. It's a great reminder of how much we have been forgiven for by the Lord. 

I connected with both characters in this book for differing reasons. Izzy is trying so hard to do everything right and John is holding on to things that were never his to carry. I am guilty of both of these, as I am sure a lot of us are. Yet watching them give it to the Lord was healing and a great reminder that surrendering to Him is always the best choice. 

To find out more about the book head here: White Crown: Recipe for a Princess

Another 5 star read! 

Quote Time:

This first quote comes from Izzy remembering a conversation her and one of the children at the hospital had about sunflowers. It reminded me of how when we keep our eyes on the Lord the hope and peace never leave. The light is what gives us strength. 

"I'd commented on it, admiring the color and telling her how happy it looked with its big eyes and smile. 

She'd corrected me right away. It's not happy, it's hopeful, because no matter what shadows come, it faces the sun.  

The words had stopped me. Charmed me with their beauty but more, planted something deep within. A longing for that kind of hope. One that doesn't give up but just keeps looking to the light."

 Like the first book I had many quotes but I will only share one more. Although this one will be kind of a two in one. These quotes appear about twenty pages apart but I feel like they go together so well. 

"Live and love with abandon. Give them your best. Do it for her."

"Anger is what love bleeds when you cut it. Give him time. John will come around. You do what you can and leave the rest to God."

Love can be hard and challenging. It involves pain and grief just as much as joy. Not being afraid to love as God calls us to no matter what has happened in the past. Remembering that forgiveness plays an important role, but ultimately we do the best we can and let God handle the rest.  

 

I want to thank the author and publisher for a copy of this book to read without any expectation of a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 


Meet Hannah:

Hannah Currie has loved royals—both real and fictional—for as long as she can remember and has always been fascinated by their lives. They started making their way into her writing somewhere around first grade and never stopped.

 

While she never dreamed of being a princess for real (way too many expectations and people watching), she certainly wouldn’t say no to the gorgeous gowns, endless wardrobes, chefs, and cleaners that come with the job. A crown or two wouldn’t go astray either. Or Belle’s library. Where she’d just sit and stare at the books with a giddy smile on her face for hours.

 

Hannah lives with her husband and three kids in Australia, where they proudly claim Queen Elizabeth II and the royal family as their own. She is very honored to be one of the launching authors for the new WhiteCrown Publishing line with her Crown of Promise series full of faith, romance, and—of course—royals.

Here are all the places you can find the author: 




Again, don't walk run and scoop up this book to read immediately! Well actually if you haven't read the first start there, you don't have to of course, but I would recommend it. 


I want to thank you for taking the time to read my words and I hope you enjoy reading, and hearing about books as much as I do. 


I pray you have a blessed day!


Sincerely, 

Melanie

Comments